Toshiba Electronics Europe GmbH (“Toshiba”) recognises and appreciates the importance of responsible use of information collected on www.toshiba-components.com and takes its obligations under the relevant Data Protection Acts seriously. At Toshiba, we are keenly aware of the trust our users place in us and our responsibility to protect their privacy and we believe that transparency and choice are the foundations of privacy. To help you make informed decisions about your own privacy, we work to let you know what information we collect when you use our products and services and how we use that information in order to improve our service for you.
- Which information is automatically collected by Toshiba on this website?
- What about personal information I enter on the website?
- Is the information collected or entered on this website protected in any way?
- Is any internet analytics software used on this website by Toshiba?
- Does Toshiba create log-files i.e. store information on their servers?
- Why does Toshiba store information?
- How long is my personal information stored at Toshiba?
- Does Toshiba provide my information to third parties?
- Can I have my personal information that is stored on Toshiba servers removed?
- How can I contact Toshiba, if I have a privacy question or complaint?
1. Which information is automatically collected by Toshiba on this website?
When you visit our website, the following information is automatically recorded by our server for system security reasons and for the purpose of enhancing your experience on our website:
- the date and duration of your visit
- identification data of your browser, browser language and operating system,
- referring or exit webpage
- click patterns
- your Session ID and your IP-Address
This information is generally collected in aggregate form, without identifying any user individually. We do not match such information with personal information held about you by Toshiba unless we have your explicit consent to do so.
2. What about information I myself enter on the website?
In addition, there are certain services on this website which require that you provide personal information in order to enable us to provide such services to you. For example, if you whish to contact us over our websites contact form (“Contact Us”), are interested in receiving a brochure or want to register for a newsletter, we require certain contact information from you.
Toshiba will not provide such information entered by you to other companies or organizations without your explicit consent. However, Toshiba may divulge your personal information when required by law, regulation or litigation.
3. Is the information collected or entered on this website protected in any way?
Yes, Toshiba will take all reasonable technical efforts to protect your personal information stored on Toshiba servers from unauthorised access. Your personal information collected on this website resides on secure servers that only selected Toshiba personnel and trusted contractors or agents of Toshiba, who are bound by contract not to use your personal information for their own purposes or provide it to any third parties, have access to via password.
A “cookie” is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognise your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
A “web-beacon” is a small transparent .gif image that is embedded in an HTML page or email and is used to track when this webpage or email has been viewed.
5. Is any internet analytics software used on this website by Toshiba?
Yes, Toshiba uses the analytics service Software, in order to create statistical analysis of the use of it website. The information collected and processed (such as for instance date and duration of visit, IP-address, referring or exit webpage etc.) is completely anonymous and collected solely for statistical purposes.
6. Does Toshiba create log-files i.e. store information on their servers?
Like most websites, our servers automatically record the page requests made when you visit our sites. These “server logs” typically include your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
7. Why does Toshiba store information?
We store information for a number of reasons. Most importantly, we store information to improve the services on our website and to maintain the security of our systems. Analysing log data helps our engineers both improve the quality of your experience on our website and build helpful innovative services. In addition, log data helps us prevent fraud and other abuses, such as phishing, scripting attacks and spam, including query-click spam and ads-click spam.
8. How long is my personal information stored at Toshiba?
Your personal information will be stored at Toshiba’s servers only as long as it is absolutely necessary to provide and improve the services on our website and to maintain the security of our systems. As soon as your personal information is no longer required for these purposes, it will be deleted. Of course you can contact Toshiba at any time if you want us to delete your personal information.
9. Does Toshiba provide my information to third parties?
Generally, Toshiba does not provide your personal information to other companies or organisations without your explicit consent. However, Toshiba may divulge your personal information when required to do so by law, regulation or litigation.
10. Can I have my personal information that is stored on Toshiba servers removed?
Yes of course. Please contact the Toshiba Privacy Officer. Subject to applicable law, he will have your personal information deleted immediately upon your request to do so.
11. How can I contact Toshiba, if I have a privacy question or complaint?
Toshiba Electronics Europe GmbH
Mr. Rainer Tritey
Telephone 0211 5296 0
Please include your name, address and/or e-mail address when you contact us.
Please be aware that according to the relevant privacy protection legislation you have the explicit right to contact Toshiba at any time in order to inquire about the amount, content, source, recipient and use of your personal data stored by Toshiba.